Important Info | Current Season: autumn 2016
Staff
Feb. Spotlight Thread
The Naked Truth

He could draw on Earth's ability to heal and regenerate plants, to thrive in harsh conditions, and that was one of the reasons he was being hunted. That and the ancient sword or two he had stolen from Anghus. Dick deserved it.

ATTICUS O'SULLIVAN && DELTA SONG

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Naked Truth, Delta | Summer | 2016
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 08:33 PM
Fanu.
45 posts ♦ Offline
Atticus O'Sullivan from Iron Druid Chronicles
Magi
❝gods can screw anything and anybody, for a reference, see history.

Atticus O'Sullivan
821 | Shop Owner | 9th Kingdom

The plants chattered amongst themselves, or what one might consider chattering. They had their own way of speaking to one another, their roots coaxing themselves to life. There were vicious plants amongst the greenery who sought to steal the life giving soil from others and drown out their life source, and so it was Aticcus' task to silence their murderous tendencies, or that was his way of looking at it. Most people never looked at a plant and thought: That is a murderous plant! Someone ought to do a thing about it! Most sane people didn't talk to plants either, but that was neither here nor there. The tall redheaded man sought to tending to the plants, and it was excruciatingly tiresome. It drained his body of its life giving ability and left him fairly vulnerable. So, while he supplied the store with fresh new herbs, loose teas and essential oils, it taxed his form terribly, to the point that he needed to replenish his system.

There was one thing that he did pride himself upon, well two, the first would be how serious he took the survival of earth. She was to remain clean and cared for, if one thought to destroy her, it was his duty to put an end to such a threat, or persuade it to not be one. Some may call him cowardly, but he thought it as survival instinct, in that - if it came down to talking himself out of a battle or charging head on into one, he would choose talking instead, nearly every time. Only the serious trespassers sparked his violent ire. Now, the second thing he prided himself in was, well it somewhat intwines with the survival, his paranoia has kept him alive for all of these years, bouncing from one country to the next every time Aenghus grows too close to him.

He should have chosen a better name to hide under, however, Aenghus was a great many things, the brightest bulb he was most certainly not. Atticus' green eyes flashed a bright hue before the last of his powers ebbed from his form, they were gone for now. He was drained and needed to recharge, he felt hollow without his ability to talk or draw energy from the plants. Thankfully, it was night time and the blanket of darkness would do well to hide his naked form. The issue was he needed the livery from the local woods instead of his small yard. So, he took his pale hide and ventured to the woods outside of Lamere. Oberon was by his side, panting heavily as he rejoiced in flexing his long, wirey haired legs. In Atticus' grasp he held a shovel. "Well, let's hope we found a good spot to bury ourselves in, you can guard me while I take a dirt bath, yeah? Make sure no one fondles me in my sleep." Then, the redhead began to dig his hole.

It took more than an hour to dig up the earth long and wide enough for his body to slither into. Once he was done, he peeled his clothing off and tossed the articles aside and then lowered his surprisingly muscled form into the hole, it wasn't so deep that it was a plot for a grave, it was even more shallow than a tub. "Help me bury myself," He began to scoop up the dirt, and likewise the dog began to bury his master, all too pleased to do it. Once they were done, Atticus' head and the dip of his shoulders were the only thing seen to the human eye, there was no mistaking the flash of red hair, or pale skin against the dark loam of the forest. Now, it was time to sleep and recharge, so that he could begin a new day. It was easy for him to fall into a deep, restful slumber.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 09:24 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph
❝Complicated is my second language

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

Life had been a little bit of hell lately, what with her rendezvous with the wolf in the woods who’d tried to tear her throat out but had done enough damage as it was tossing her into a tree. Del...was not having a good time of it. So she’d gone back to her panthers to lick her wounds and once a few healing spells had worked their magic she was back right as rain. Physically at least. Mentally was something else entirely. Being attacked by a man always did terrible things to her psyche.

So Delta had escaped for a few days, back to a place that would let her regenerate. The woods was where she had been born even though it wasn’t the very one. She felt safe here, capable of taking care of herself and it was the place that she found peace. So she’d wandered into the woods for a couple of days of recharging. Having bathed in a brook and fed herself on nuts, berries and mushrooms she’d found, Del now walked the through the trees on her way back to town. It was time to get home and get back to the work she and her two best friends were doing.

Her slender form was clad in a long flowing skirt and a white crop top, feet bare so that she could feel the earth beneath her as she walked. There was a long bag slung over her shoulder with a few essentials in the bottom of it. They were the only things she bore, not a bra, not underwear. Just the barest of layers to separate herself from the land. As she walked, Delta allowed her eyes to fall shut, the plants and earth guided her easily through the woods so that she didn’t run into any trees, and this was she was allowed to shut everything else out but the sounds, smells and feels of the forest. The birds chirping, the scent of the underbrush, the light rustling of leaves.

Everything was peaceful and zen until she stepped on uneven ground that felt, in an unsettling manner like that of a body. Stumbling a little she spun around. First her eyes locked on the large dog that rested off to the side, but then she caught sight of the human head sticking from the ground. ”What the actual fuck?!” She cried out in surprise and mild horror. Was there a body buried in the woods?? Why had the ground not warned her of this?
WEARING: OUTFIT

@Atticus O'Sullivan
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 07:51 AM
Fanu.
45 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

There was a woman in his dreams, with raven colored hair and dark luminous eyes. They teased him, taunted him and when she moved in close her lips brushed against his. Atticus never prided himself on resolve, he went weak in the knees and hard in the breeches whenever a pretty lass was about, but this one had been haunting him for years and though she was in his dreams she was no figment of his imagination. Morrigan, she had a fascination with him and one he didn't entirely fancy outside of the perks it came with it. To say he endured these dreams would be making it sound as though it were unpleasant, which was far from the truth. He would have murmured or roused if he wasn't in such a deep slumber.

Oberon, the ever dutiful companion, laid beside the shallow grave of his master, his ears perked and listening to the sounds of the forest. His head lifted ever so slightly when he scented the approach of a female, his keen brown eyes watched as she came toward the burial ground. His tongue lolled out of his mouth in an amused manner and rather than alert Atticus or the pretty lady that there was, in fact, a man buried just beside him, the traitor allowed for the woman to continue forward.

The moment Atticus was stepped on his deep green eyes flicked open and he leaped from underneath the dirt, bare ass naked. His fight or flight instinct kicked in, but he managed to trip over Oberon in the process, who, Atticus was fairly certain, to be snickering in dog language. Atticus grappled at the ground and spun around, he didn't move to cover himself, just assessed the would be danger. He blinked several times as he took in the figure of the female and finally he decided the decent thing to do would be to cover his bits.

Two hands slipped down so he could cover himself, his pale freckled skin was speckled with dirt, twigs were tangled in his dark red hair and beard. "There is... actually a funny story behind all of this." He began to reply, but felt compelled to shut his mouth for a moment.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 05:59 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

Staring at the naked man before her, Delta could feel her spirit tugging at the forest around her in an automatic, rather subconscious response to the potential threat. Zhen and Rox would both slay her if she allowed something to happen to her once more out in these woods and would be likely to forbid her from escaping to them once more if she came home injured again. All around them trees shifted and cracked, leaves and branches rustled as everything centered in on her pull, ready to respond at the least hint Delta desired it.

She had dropped her bag so that her hands could rest free at her sides, hands open and palms forward as she waited, primed and set to bring the forest down on him if she needed to do so. There was an almost primal light in her eyes and her wild blonde hair seemed ready to start moving with pure energy. As the male before her came to realize that he was naked and awkwardly moved to cover himself, Del felt a little better about this interaction, but didn’t let her guard down, not yet.

”A funny story for why you’re sleeping naked in the ground? Are you a zombie or a ghoul? Perhaps a freshly made vampire missing his grave?” She snarled out, still rather upset that she’d been so startled when she had been in the middle of a peaceful walk in the woods. She was becoming more and more sick of men lately... perhaps Zhen had the right of it and it was best to just forget them entirely. Her green eyes scanned over the man, if you could ignore the dirt and grime covering him, or the fact that he was a ginger, he wasn’t that bad to look at. But he had just popped up out of the ground he’d been sleeping in and his hair was a shock of bright red that after all this time still sent agony racing through her body as she thought about Jonas and his utter betrayal of her love.

”Well?” She asked him. ”Out with it.” She would listen to his explanation and then decide if she needed to leave him strung up in a tree from his ankle.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 07:01 PM
Fanu.
45 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

Atticus wasn't so groggy that he didn't feel the pull of the earth, the runes on his flesh tingled and his dark brows furrowed. He glanced down at the earth, wiggled his toes and considered the female across from him again. The truth of the matter was, Atticus was more likely to run from her than to stay and battle. He couldn't afford to draw attention to himself, well no more than his naked ass already had. His features went from confusion to concentration to confusion again.

He imagined that his naked form was offensive and some anger was to be expected on some level, but the look on her face coupled with the way the earth reacted to her revulsion felt more than a little unfounded. It wouldn't have been the first time he stumbled into a hideous affair, he had walked into battles between husband and wife, been dragged into teenage quarrels, there was really nothing in his person that made him want to endure those things.

She moved herself in a defensive stance, hands not on her hips but rather open and in his experience anyone that had magic and showed off their palms it was not a good thing. He didn't make a move forward to subdue her, he actually took a step back, it was a submissive thing to do and while Atticus would never claim to be submissive, he wasn't a fool who ran headlong into battle. Rather than outright run and paint himself as guilty, he stood his ground. He jerked his head back to flick a dark red piece of hair from his eyes and turned on the charm.

His mouth gaped open as she called him a ghoul or even worse a vampire. He could not help his pasty complexion, no matter how much sun beat down on him he was still as lily as he was hundreds of years ago. She was sincerely pissed off just for tripping over him. "Dirt baths are good for the skin. It exfoliates and breathes new life into you." Not that she needed it, he didn't need to let his eyes drag over her in an obvious manner to see her skin was clear and her eyes which were not so different from his were bright.

Atticus' hand moved so he could fully cup himself with one hand, it took some doing but he raised one hand to show he meant no harm. "I enjoy being closer to the earth, it's strange... but it's rather cozy and peaceful." He was clever enough or so he thought as he said that. There was truth in his words, he enjoyed nature and prided himself on being a caretaker of the land, advocating for it when he could. However, he bathed in dirt to replenish himself - that was something she didn't need to know.

"Can..I dress?" He motioned to the pack by the grave. He turned ever so slightly so the profile of his ass was seen, but it also allowed for the runes to be seen, too.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 09:34 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

She was suspicious of men on a good day, but he’d caught her at a bad moment, with her meeting with Grendel still fresh in her mind had managed to startle the crazy right out of her. Out of her and into the forefront of her mind and actions that was. So she was going to protect herself, because she’d been proven right in her suspicions already this month. Delta didn’t miss the way he took a step back as if in retreat, or how he was watching her warily but with no outward signs of looking to take up a defensive posture himself. It made her relax a little on the inside, though on the outside she held her position.

It wasn’t the tripping that she was upset about, though she didn’t like to look less than stellar at every given moment, it was the fact that he had frightened her so much. She didn’t do well when thrown off her guard, the worst things in her life had happened when she’d been taken by surprise. Delta couldn’t hold in the snort as he declared dirt baths good for the skin. ”I’ve heard of mud baths... but not grave naps.” She stated, her eyes falling unbidden to where his hands were rearranging themselves. She didn’t really mean to look, but all the shuffling and attempting to hide his bits drew her attention and it wasn’t hard to notice that he was having a hard time maintaining his cover.

Green eyes flicked back up to his face, and she merely eyed him skeptically. ”That’s not a funny story, that’s just weird.” She may like to take naps in trees and occasionally roll around in the leaves, but she didn’t dig herself a hole so she could nestle down into the ground. But then, while she worked with the soil her connection was to the plants themselves and it was to them she wanted to be near.

Delta glanced to the pack he was referring to and she eyed it for a moment. ”How do I know you don’t have a weapon stored in there? At least right now you can’t hide anything from me.” While she kept one hand still open at her side, the other moved to rest on her hip as it jutted out a little.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 09:01 AM
Fanu.
45 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

An easy smile touched his lips as he shrugged. "Aye, sure ya have. The birds of the air nestle in the dirt and flutter their wings to bathe in it, haven't ya ever wondered how it felt?" He started to chuckle but stopped, cleared his throat and looked to the side. "I'll take that as a no." His accent was strange, it was ancient but had been watered down throughout the years and only on certain words did an old dialect of Stenfisk's gaelic pull through. He was not unaware of the way her eyes flicked along his form and it wasn't as if he could blame her, he was naked and he was on display for anyone to look at.

"It sounded funnier in my head," he began and his brows furrowed as he looked down at the bag next to the dog. There was nothing worth stealing in his bag and there was no weapons, either. Atticus was fairly harmless in his current state of being. "You can look if you'd like. Cross my heart I won't move an inch if you want a look for yourself. I have nothing to hide on my person as is or in my bag. I swear it on the mother's ground." He said with all seriousness.

Atticus was tall and had been especially tall for his time. He had grown used to stooping and the shirts he wore hid most of his substance. He was thin but not skinny and quite muscled for someone who was just an herbalist and book fiend. While he had no issues with being naked, especially in front of a pretty face, this situation didn't call for it and it was more awkward than it was appealing. His face scrunched up as a bug ran across his beard and toward his nostril, he crossed his eyes and swatted at it. "I don't make it a habit of carrying weapons on myself," he started, well why he tried to not make it a habit he did often carry that damn sword around with him. It just wasn't on him right now.

"Look, I'll sit." He tried to soothe whatever paranoia she had, because he knew what that was like and when he sat down where he was he took care of arranging himself so he wasn't full on display. There was a time and place for enticing, this wasn't one of them - he preferred to remain whole. As it was, he could tell the surrounding terra was not pleased and it was primed to lash out. There was no need to connect himself to it, to let calmness surge into the soil because he was not about to reveal what he could do. Let her underestimate him, most did and that worked in his favor.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Oct 27 2017, 08:50 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

Delta wasn’t finding any part of this amusing. If this had been a week earlier she’d have been cackling over it and having a grand ol’time. But this wasn’t last week, and now there were far too many old memories feeling far too fresh for her liking. And this man... this ginger - though he looked nothing like Jonas – was bringing up even more that Delta had no desire to touch on. He may as well have been a match to a pile of dry leaves.

”Well you’ll have to excuse me if I don’t take the strange man sleeping nude in the dirt at his word.” She fairly snarled, not feeling lenient in any way. She’d been too foolish lately. Too soft. Not anymore. Not this time. There wasn’t anything out of the ordinary about his words, but it wasn’t too often that someone swore on the earth itself with such seriousness or reverence. Her green mirrors focused on him a little more closely, and that was when she caught sight of the tattoos all down the full length of his body. Her eyes narrowed a little more. ”I think I will look in your bag.” Del informed him in a superior tone.

Her eyes just continued to watch him until he head seated himself back on the ground, tucking his les beneath him in just the right way that his tender bits were no longer up for show. Once he was down there, Del watched him for a moment longer as if still not sure if he were going to try something or not, and then she moved to his bag. Kneeling down beside it she opened the bag up and began to search through it, letting the wind and the leaves around her be her eyes. Her forest would tell her if she were in danger, if he thought to move. And it would protect her.

Once she was satisfied that there was nothing in the bag, Del stood back up and tossed the bag into his lap. ”Get dressed, and get that damn beetle out of your hair.” She rolled her eyes at him, before spinning on her heel to walk away, only to stop and turn back around to look at him once more. ”Who are you?” Her hand motioned towards the tattooed side of his body. She’d heard her mother’s people speak of such things even if she hadn’t ever been allowed to really ‘listen’ and learn from them.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Oct 28 2017, 04:20 PM
Fanu.
45 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

Atticus held his hands up in a show of giving up, he could say nothing more that would ease whatever worry she had. She was snarling at him and for someone being questioned and snarled at he looked fairly at ease and compliant. He didn't flinch or even so much as bat an eye at the fact she seemed to be accusing him of something he didn't even do. Whatever that was. If one could call a paranoid man who was typically on the run, Atticus was fairly laid back and for the most part, all the woman that came into his life had run it for a while. None had ever gotten what they wanted though.

There was nothing spectacular to report in the bag, his clothing and some herbs, that was it. No weapons, nothing that would paint him as suspicious. Which was worse - to be viewed as some creep in the woods or someone nefarious? Ah, he preferred the creep because it left wiggle room to flex and impress with his abilities.

Atticus didn't move as she rifled through the contents, especially not since she was having a hard time peeling her eyes from him. He wasn't so arrogant to believe it was because his physique had been crafted by the gods or that his lily white ass was thoroughly inviting or the constellation of freckles on his back was so enticing that she couldn't look away, it was because she was waiting for him to move, to prove her right and that he was a threat. Which he wasn't and therefore he remained seated, unmoving, even when he heard the vague thoughts of his dog mulling around in his head.

This wasn't the time or place to hear about mating rituals from a dog and he was trying his best to not laugh. He leaned his forehead against his folded hands and felt his lips quiver. Laughing out loud right now would surely earn him a kick to the head. "You mean what," thankfully her voice cut through the humpy-thoughts and he was quick to pull on his thermal shirt and slip into his cotton pants. Where did the b.... he snatched the beetle from the tip of his ear and let it fly away. "It is a dead practice... to mark your body with sigils of the earth." He ran his fingers through his hair and lifted his light gaze to her face.

"You may call me Atticus, that is Oberon and he would like to hump you." His pale brows lifted and the dog stood in place panting, his hips making a humping motion as he stood there. Atticus looked thoroughly disgusted with the dog. Honestly, was it any wonder why bitches opted to not visit him?

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Oct 28 2017, 07:05 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

She hadn’t forgotten the large dog, but for now of the two he seemed to be the least of her worries. Once the bag was searched she let him have it, no longer worried about hidden weapons unless he had something shoved deeply up his arse. Which.. considering the things she’d seen people shove up there on themselves and others... she wouldn’t be entirely surprised, however she did not think this one did. Her eyes followed his hand as he plucked the beetle from himself and threw it away. ”Sigils.” She murmured it, letting her mind filter over what she had heard, trying to recall what it was that they were connected to. Why had the nymphs said? ”Druid?” She questioned, her head tilting a little as she studied him more.

The druids who had dedicated themselves to the earth had more often than not been friends of the wood nymphs, they were humans who desired the same sort of thing that the leaf adorned nymphs did; protecting the earth, nurturing the beauty that surrounded everyone but was so often taken for granted.

She was beginning to understand a little more what had been going on, and then he introduced himself and his dog. His final words at her eyes widening a little. ”What?” She asked, turning to look at the large dog and a startled laugh slipped out of her. ”What the hell?” Her hand lifted to cover her lips a little as she fought her laughter, not sure if she should be so amused or if she should be outraged as the creature rocked it’s hips suggestively. ”Is he a shifter or something? Or just.... a truly strange air humping dog?” She eyed the dog suspiciously, this time taking a step closer towards the ginger as he was starting to feel the safer of the two.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Oct 28 2017, 07:56 PM
Fanu.
45 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

”...yes, the last one, in fact. There is a history lesson behind that, one that has faded with time. These signify my union with the earth, like a wedding band to most. The earth was my bride,” if that was the case he had been extremely unfaithful since he was bound to the earth. He preferred to view himself as a guardian, instead, he watched over the land and protected it. His mission above all else was to ensure it remained healthy, a sick land meant a sick people. Not that most seemed to care whether or not the environment felt well. He did, it was a personal offense if someone mistreated the land be it flora or fauna.

So the story went, it was his particular bloodline that had mingled with the nymphs that sought to teach the humans. One bloodline reached out to another and magic ran hot through the line. He was not adverse to mixed lines, especially magical ones, his preference was that pertaining to earth and it was where his secret was, too.

”She’s laughing, she wants me to hump her then?”

”NO! That is disgusting, no one wants you to hump them, no one, Oberon.” he said it quickly and ran his hand down his face, sure that the blonde was going to dice him up or think he was playing tricks. Except the sound of her laughter had him peering over at her, she had moved closer and he felt himself relax. ”No, he’s all dog. A demented dog who likely had been stepped on when he was welped. He’s mostly harmless unless you count his horrendous breath and bed hogging skills.” he folded his arms across his chest and shot a look at the dog who looked rather ashamed of his prior actions.

He was large, a touch larger for the breeds typical size which brought his head to Atticus’s hip. His paws were massive and so were his teeth, but unless someone was truly out to get Atticus they never saw the teeth unless it was a happy grin. ”..I apologize. He’s hornier than a rabbit with a point to prove.” Atticus couldn’t say much... he was too and had a severe weakness for beautiful women and yet he knew there was a time and place. Like how the earth would have devoured him if he had so much as blinked out of line. Survival skills...he prided himself on those.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Nov 4 2017, 03:47 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

Delta eyed him closely as he stated that she was correct and he was a druid. There was a shred look upon her face when he went further to announce he was the last one. There was a history lesson there... and a story she was sure. One that perhaps she could get out of him that the other nymphs didn’t have. There was something thrilling at the thought of having a piece of important information that her mother’s people did not have. ”Is that why you bury yourself in her depths? Seeking to consummate your love with your earthly bride?”

A druid... she didn’t know enough of their connection with the earth to know what his abilities might be. She had not been allowed those lessons by the nymphs, she had only been allowed to explore her own abilities on her own. But a connection of magic meant that there had to be something he was able to do, she was certain it had been the sacred duty of the druids to protect the earth, which was the only reason they had been allowed anywhere near the forest nymphs.

Her mouth fell open at his next cry, thinking for a moment he was speaking to her but then cluing in to the fact that he was speaking to the dog. ”Are you actually able to communicate with him? As clearly as you and I are right now?” There was some scepticism in her tone, but then she watched how the dog seemed to wilt at the scolding he was receiving. So she chose to address the dog herself. ”I appreciate the fact you’ve picked up on the fact that I am sexy as hell, but if you even look like you’re about to hump me I will tie you in a tree.” She said in a stern tone.

Turning her attention to the druid, Delta surveyed him with a new found light. Now that there was information she wanted out of him, she took in his features more closely and let her eyes fall over his body. Slowly she stepped towards him, her hips moving akin to a leaf swaying gently to a spring breeze. ”Perhaps I should apologize for my earlier actions...I was not expecting to find a body in the woods.” She offered her hand to him, green eyes meeting his own. ”I am Delta.” She glanced to Oberon and then back to Atticus. ”Are you hungry?”

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Nov 9 2017, 11:11 AM
Fanu.
45 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

"Absolutely, she is warmth, she is light and she is love," he lifted his brows and waited for her to retort, but there was nothing. If she thought that prying into the why and for anything more than what may have been forgotten as far as history went, she was mistaking. Atticus was tight lipped about his secrets, he would share old history of Druids and how they came to be, why they were and what not, but he refused to admit to how he had stumbled on how to draw regeneration from the earth. Any magi could heal or draw up a potion to do minor healing, but Atticus could elongate a lifespan. Once three thousand years were up he could go beyond if he played his cards right. Who wouldn't want that?

He could draw on Earth's ability to heal and regenerate plants, to thrive in harsh conditions, and that was one of the reasons he was being hunted. That and the ancient sword or two he had stolen from Anghus. Dick deserved it.

"I wish I weren't, but yes I can speak to him and I can hear him. It's a barbaric butchering of the common tongue but nonetheless I can hear him," he sighed and almost grumbled.

"I like her. I don't like being tied though," Oberon withered to the ground and had the good grace to look away from Delta.

"Well, she wouldn't want to tie you to a tree if you didn't hump the air and gross her out," he spat back at the dog. He did have to agree, she was sexy. In a different setting, he would have no qualms about turning on the charm and trying to persuade her into a cozier setting. And she was sidling up to him which had his blood thrumming hotly in his veins. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Delta," he took up the offered hand and gave it a gentle shake. "I'm...ravished actually." And he actually meant hungry. His stomach grumbled as if to emphasize his point.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 10:12 AM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

Although she wasn’t clear on what was actually going on, Delta wasn’t a fool. A man didn’t just bury himself naked in the ground to take a nap, not when he had the ability to manipulate the plants around him to create some form of shelter if need be. This man, this druid named Atticus was up to something far more delicate than sleeping and Delta had every intention of finding out what. She wasn’t certain if it were harmless or if it were deviant, but these were woods she traveled in frequently, and the nymph in her felt connected and responsible for them. In many ways she was the nymph of this particular forest seeing as how there were no others in this area, and what happened here was her business. ‘Married’ to the earth or not, Delta wanted to know what Atticus had been up to here.

”Well that is simply...odd.” She turned her gaze to the large dog once more who seemed to have taken her warning to heart and was presently showing her a clear sign of being regretful of his previous actions. ”And he can clearly understand me?” Her head turned, gazing back over at Atticus in an inquisitive manner. ”But only you can hear him.” This part was not a question, merely a statement of facts.

In spite of herself, Del had to laugh softly at Atticus’ next words to the creature. ”I can be a forgiving mistress if the wrongdoer seems penitent.” And that was enough of that. She had a druid to seduce information out of and was not above using alcohol and feminine wiles to retrieve it. So she focused all of her attention on the red head before her, forcing any images of Jonas to the back of her mind and refusing to let that get in the way of her present intentions.

She felt the warmth of his hand around her own as they shook in greeting, green eyes meeting his without hesitation or any sign of meekness. There would not be any found within the depths of her own, the panthers did not survive on meekness, had never survived on such. A smirk formed on her lips at the rumbles from his stomach. ”Well then, what say you we make a deal? I’ll forgive you for startling the petals out of me earlier if you join me at the local pub in the town just through the woods a little ways, and buy me dinner?” Let him feel in control by paying for the meal and playing the standard male role, all the while she would be using alcohol and seduction to hopefully get what information she wanted.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Nov 15 2017, 08:38 PM
Fanu.
45 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

"Odd is many things, but out of everything that makes the most sense," he chuckled softly at his words, a little hesitantly. Mostly because it was true, being able to communicate to an animal didn't seem so odd, but sleeping naked in the ground and buried save for his head, now that was strange. He would allow for that. "Yes, he can understand you just fine and yes, well... Other animals can hear him. Those tuned in to beasts could, too. He's an oaf, so I'm not sure who would want to listen, but he's a sweet oaf." Generally, he couldn't help his hormones or the fact she was a beauty if he was less of a man he might take to humping the air, too.

Atticus was old, he wasn't keen on divulging how old but more often than not the runes spoke for themselves. If he was lucky none thought anything about them, because as it turned out there were some parts of history that people wanted to stamp into the ground, beneath prying eyes. However, as the woman turned her full attention to him he both felt his skin prickle with delight and dread. This was unfortunate because as bad as he may want to tup her, he had a niggling that said run,. Stupidly, he held his ground and shook her hand.

His hand was warm and calloused from years on the land, even though she walked with ease in the forest she did not have the hands of a woman who worked in it. Atticus had grown up in a harsh environment, the woman around him had been less than meek, it was peculiar how time crafted dainty creatures. This woman was not weak and he would not mistake her for being so, he also didn't trust her and knew if by some chance he slept with her that his vow of silence would not be broken.

"Umm, alright, sure that sounds good." He peered inside of his bag and pulled out a worn leather wallet, checked it and pocketed it inside the bag again. Atticus was many things but typical he was not, he wasn't necessarily about control - going with the flow was more his style. Having woman threaten him at every turn? That was nothing new, either. Somehow he was not surprised that the fact he had been scared and threatened was somehow pushed aside. Somehow he knew no matter what rendition was told he would be painted the creepy villain in the beginning.

"Dinner and a few drinks it is then. Allow me to spruce up, yeah?" He jammed his fingers through his red waves and cleared his throat. His image rippled, where there was once grime he was clean and his baggy, filthy clothes had been replaced with a rather modern outfit. "Now, that is a little better, shall we?" He jerked his thumb into the direction they were to go.

@Delta Song

New outfit
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 02:42 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

He was right not to trust her, mainly because Delta didn’t trust him. This time her distrust did not only stem from the fact that he was a man, but also the incredibly peculiar way that she had found him. Now paired with the knowledge that he was a Druid the act of laying naked in the ground seemed even more devious and she needed to know what that was about. Partially because of her own curiosity about druids and their connection to the earth, and also because he was too close to her home for her own sense of wellbeing. Not only for herself bu for her sisters. If a possibly dangerous Druid was in the forest Delta felt it was her duty to figure out what he was doing here and there was no better way to get information from a man than to ply him with alcohol and seduction.

”Well dog...” She turned to look down at him, much more of a cat person herself. Large dogs like this were too likely to drool all over you and ruin good gowns. ”No more humping motions and if you keep the beggars off me in the town I’ll see to it that you get a good slip of meat from the tavern. Deal?” She quirked a brow at the large creature before her. Her eyes shifted over to Atticus as he moved about, swallowing roughly as he brushed his hand through his hair causing the sunlight trickling through the leaves to glint off of it and bringing forth a wave of horrible memories that she’d rather leave buried and undealt with. There was too much in her past that she didn’t care to think on or speak about, and she’d rather not have anything bring it back up. But his well cut body and attractive face were reminding her too much of another redhead from days gone by.

”Of course.” She murmured as he stated he needed to freshen up, her eyes slid away from him as she evaluated the state of the woods abou them. She sensed something had taken place in this area, something the trees weren’t quite willing to fess up to which irritated her as these were her woods. Her home, and she had appointed herself their guardian. It felt like a terrible betrayal to be held from the truth. At his next word Del turned to gaze at him, letting her green eyes rake over him in an assessing look. ”That’ll do.” Without further ado she began walking back the way she had been heading, her footsteps light and easy as she went, little sprigs of plants sprouting up as she went. Something told her this area needed a new douse of life.

”Try not to stare too much as we go.” She called back to him.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.

<% PM %>