Important Info | Current Season: autumn 2016
Staff
Feb. Spotlight Thread
The Naked Truth

He could draw on Earth's ability to heal and regenerate plants, to thrive in harsh conditions, and that was one of the reasons he was being hunted. That and the ancient sword or two he had stolen from Anghus. Dick deserved it.

ATTICUS O'SULLIVAN && DELTA SONG

Add Reply
New Poll

Think before I talk, Persi | Summer | 2016
Henrietta Montague
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 09:15 AM
Fanu
11 posts ♦ Offline
Henry Montague from Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Human
❝I'd like you to both remember just how much you adore me and how dull and gloomy your lives would be without me in them.

Henrietta Montague
28 | Noble | 1st Kingdom

Yesterday's breakfast had turned from epically wonderful to something resembling a disaster. Monty had woken up entangled in Persi and she had to wonder for a moment if they had... done anything, alcohol's lasting effects caused a haziness to fog her mind in such a way that she hoped to high heavens she hadn't... but when she peered beneath the covers she found that while she might have been quite bottomless, Persi still had hers on - somehow. She fixed her green eyes on her beloved friend and yearned to touch her cheek but did not want to disturb the serene look about her face, gods.. Persi was the most beautiful woman she had ever seen and Monty felt like a heel for lusting after her friend, her depravity surely knew no bounds.

That wasn't the worst part though, it was breakfast. It was awkward as Persi's Aunt and Uncle had joined, mother dear had declared clothing had been found strewn about in one of Monty's drunken sprees, she felt like giggling and had even done so in spite of her mother's horrified look about her, of course, her brother had his nose in a book as per usual, but it was the icy wind that came in as Monty's father sat down and with it a hammer that sobered Monty instantly. Sober she might have been, but she couldn't help the words that spilled from her mouth.

The trip she had so been looking forward to with Persi was being destroyed, a chaperone was to go and so was Felippe, her brother. There was always the constant reminder that the inheritance would be stripped as would any means to a title and as reckless as what Monty was - there were some things she enjoyed in life.

So, it was decided that early in the morning they would leave.

Hence the groan that slid from Monty as her head slammed into the carriage's window. "It's devilishly early, too early to be awake..." It was still dark out. The carriage hit a bump and because she was half asleep her head clashed with Persi's. "Bloody hell!" She cried out as she rubbed her head. "Are you awake?" She blinked owlishly.

@Persephone Newton
PMEmail
^
Persephone Newton
 Posted: Sep 17 2017, 10:39 AM
Stoker
10 posts ♦ Offline
Percy Newton from The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
Human
❝What did you do?

Persephone Newton
29 | Violinist | 1st Kingdom

Her last foray into the world; one year to fill up her mind with all sorts of memories to hold close to her in the loneliness of a locked chamber. One year to taste all the tastes, and smell all the smells, to grasp every piece of beautiful art both manmade and natural that the world had to offer. So unlike her beautiful companion Persi had not been heartbroken to learn they would have a chaperone. One who planned to take them to museums and galleries and All Praise Be to the opera and the orchestra! It was someone who would keep them on track, make certain that they actually took in all of the experiences that Pers was starving for.

The morning start to their tour had not been a pleasant one, a night of drinking with Monty had not been the cleverest of ideas and now her stomach lurched as they bounced down the dirt road towards their first destination. She had been lightly dosing until their heads clashed against each other and Pers opened her eyes in a squinted fashion, one hand reaching up to rub at the spot where their skulls had met. ”I am now.” Clutching her violin case to her chest, Pers glanced around her. Felippe seemed thoroughly unfazed by their present early morning departure.

Finding a safe place to tuck her violin in under her feet, Persi slipped her arms around Monty’s and tugged her friend a little closer to her. Because of Monty’s shorter height she was at the perfect spot for Persi to be able to tilt her head a little and use the top of her blonde head for a pillow. ”Stop flailing about and perhaps we can sleep.” She murmured softly, taking full advantage of Monty’s cuddly nature to receive what comfort she could at present moment.

Persi was the worst sort... she allowed herself to paw over Monty in an overly affectionate way, absorbing whatever little caresses and kisses that she could and telling herself it was fine because that was how their friendship was. It didn’t matter that she meant every touch and brush and kiss with a deep, all consuming love while Monty’s were meant in a sisterly fashion. But it did matter, and Persi knew that she should control herself, but it was so hard. Especially now... when all she wanted to do was breathe in Monty’s scent until it was engrained in her mind and the feel of her was written forever on her heart. So as her eyes shut she turned her head a little so that her nose was buried slightly in the soft, golden tresses.

@Henrietta Montague
PMEmail
^
Henrietta Montague
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 11:30 AM
Fanu
11 posts ♦ Offline
Human
❝I'd like you to both remember just how much you adore me and how dull and gloomy your lives would be without me in them.

Henrietta Montague
28 | Noble | 1st Kingdom

A snort came from Felippe, judgmental bird of a male he was. Monty shot him a close-eyed scowl as she rubbed her head and thought she would very much like to slap his glasses off his nose. That would require moving and she felt rather taxed just sitting upright and as the carriage lurched against Monty honestly thought she was going to empty the contents that were souring her belly. She swallowed down a mouthful of acid and reached into her pocket to produce a mint. "I'm not flailing, the shocks in this bloody contraption have clearly shat the bed." She sniffed and let her tongue toy with the mint in her cheek.

She soaked up the feeling of Persi's warmth, the scent of her gave her comfort. Even as the chaperone sat beside Felippe, mumbling to himself about the schedule that must be kept to. Monty could blot him out though and simply listen to the soft intake and exhale of Persi's breath and if she listened really closely she could hear the steady thrum of her heart. This was entirely unfair, the way she felt about her best friend and how she hungered for those 'nothing' touches which meant the world to her. Monty purposely let her touches linger and let her lips fall too softly against her flesh because she wanted those moments to last. She also wanted nothing more than for Persi to writhe beneath her touches which was a beautiful vision in her mind's eye but also one she knew was perverse and to paint their friendship which had been one thing to lift her up after one of her father's abusive sprees... well, Monty didn't want this one spot in her life to be ruined.

Instead, she sought out Persi's hand with her own and threaded her fingers with hers, squeezing. Nothing needed to be said, but when did she ever keep her mouth shut? "Why in the devil's name did you even come along, Felippe? If you're to be spending your time in a book what is the point?" She complained because it was common knowledge that Felippe and Monty didn't necessarily get on.

"Someone needs to keep tabs on you and it is known that you have no self control, and no issues dragging poor Persi through the mud with you."

Monty opened her green eyes and glared. "I don't need two chaperones!" She did nothing to argue the fact that she often pulled her friend through the mud which inspired a dirty image in her mind. Persi covered in mud, nothing but mud and a dip in a cool spring with her...

"You.Are.Repugnant." Felippe tossed out.

"You are torpid." Monty taunted in return.

@Persephone Newton
PMEmail
^
Persephone Newton
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 11:56 AM
Stoker
10 posts ♦ Offline
Human
❝What did you do?

Persephone Newton

The feel of Monty's fingers slipping through hers and the press of her warm palm against her own made Persi's heart clench. She couldn't help squeezing her hand right back, her thumb brushing lightly up and down the muscle of Monty's thumb, delighting in the soft, silken feel of Monty's skin. Was her entire body this soft? Had a life of luxury and wealth left her skin soft everywhere? The thought made Peri's stomach knot and she had to still her thoughts so she just kept her eyes closed and her nose buried in Monty's hair.

She listened to the siblings bickering, sighing a little to herself. Persi wasn't adverse to Felippe, when Monty wasn't around to cause a bicker fest, the two of them actually got on quite well. She'd been able to talk with Felippe about things that Monty didn't tend to have any sort of desire in... things of a more academic nature. Things that Persi enjoyed when she had the chance to. However, when the siblings were together it was neigh on impossible to get a word in edgewise. "No more bickering for the moment, my head hurts too much to have to listen to that right now." She muttered, shifting a little so she was leaning on Monty more, trying to find a position that wasn't uncomfortable so that she could go back to sleeping. Sleeping was nice.... sleeping was good.

"And Monty we all know you could have ten chaperones and it still wouldn't be enough." She murmured near her ear, the words coming out in a somewhat throaty whisper before she pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Now settle, we have a long drive and I shan't suffer through more than we need to." They honestly couldn't reach their first lodging fast enough. A hot meal, a soak in a tub, a large tankard of ale would all go a long way to reviving her spirits a little. She just wished she didn't feel so haggard starting out on this trip. It wouldn't do to be too warn out, too tired or too weak. Persi couldn't afford a spell right now.

@Henrietta Montague
PMEmail
^
Henrietta Montague
 Posted: Oct 20 2017, 10:14 AM
Fanu
11 posts ♦ Offline
Human

Henrietta Montague
28 | Noble | 1st Kingdom

Persi's fingers were not as soft as her own, they had roughened over the course of the years and Monty attributed that to the fact she played the violin. They were not coarse like a man's hand, but they were not smooth either and it was the feel of them brushing against her skin that made Monty's heart leap, made her skin prickle in awareness. And she knew when she died she had a place in hell, because she should not be having these thoughts about Persi. It wasn't that Monty was adverse to fooling around with women, it was that Persi was held above all else. Sweet, loveable, Persi. And all Monty could think of lately was how her lips would feel or the sounds of pleasure that tore from her lips as she made sweet love to her.

Monty stuck her tongue out at Felippe, but listened Persi's request, she simmered down and closed her eyes. "What? What the devil are you on about, I'm a perfect angel. I have you know it's never me that starts things," It's just..it usually wound up with her in a damned predicament because she followed through with the typically horrendous act or idea. "Ugh, alright." She sulked and stared out the window, knowing that as long as Persi was nestled beside her she wasn't about to sleep. Instead, she tucked one leg under Persi's.

"How long is it until we reach the ship?" They'd have to set sail on a ship to get to their first destination, she wasn't pleased about having a chaperone but as long as they could generally do as they'd like...such as drinking, gambling, and falling into bed with someone without fear of backlash... because who actually wanted to visit dull, boring, stuffy museums and galleries? Certainly not her.

She bit her bottom lip and began to create a plan inside of her head... somehow or another she would slip the leash as she always did, she could create a story for the chaperone and her father would be none the wiser. She felt a prickle of fear stab her, no... her father would not haunt her on this trip. Not before she settled down and took up the mantle..

@Persephone Newton
PMEmail
^
Persephone Newton
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 11:46 AM
Stoker
10 posts ♦ Offline
Human
❝What did you do?

Persephone Newton

She saw the tongue darting out in defiance towards Felippe, but ignored it. As far as Monty’s antics went that was quite small scale and so long as Felippe didn’t decide to take too much offence it was better to let Monty have her little outlet of petulance then try and curb it. Which were the exact sentiments that so often landed the both of them in some sort of hot water; it was so hard to deny Monty whatever would make her feel better in the moment because Persi was so aware of how her home life drained the happiness out of her friend. How Lord Montague was a monster in many ways who harped on his eldest until she believed she was everything that he said. Persi just wanted to know that Monty was happy by the end of this tour, that her friend had found some form of peace that would help her face the rest of her days.

Persi didn’t want to think about those days. What was worse? Having to grow old watching Monty marry someone else and have a happy life, or not being there at all?

She snorted. ”Monty, you have never been an angel, whether you start it or not.” It was as if her best friend were a walking magnet for mischief and disaster. No matter where they were and what they were doing the blonde would find some way to land herself up to her eyeballs in trouble. And ten chances to one, Persi was being drug into it right alongside her. Such was the makeup of their friendship. ”Thank you.” She murmured softly into Monty’s ear, and pressed a gentle kiss to the skin of her cheek directly beside her ear, her nose dragging of its own accord into the blonde strands right there. The scent of Monty filled her nose and soothed her rumpled spirits. She wished she were still beneath the covers of the bed, curled around Monty and absorbing her warmth and smell and feeling the soft, plush bits of her body that drove her nearly to distraction.

At the next question posed, Persi glanced over at their chaperone, as well as Felippe, not sure who the question had been addressed to since she herself was still not up to speed. God’s, she just needed to sleep and some warm food. ”Hopefully not too long.” The ship would be interesting, and she wondered if she would be able to keep Monty from scuttling off to roll dice with the ship’s crew...

@Henrietta Montague
PMEmail
^
Henrietta Montague
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 12:34 PM
Fanu
11 posts ♦ Offline
Human

Henrietta Montague
28 | Noble | 1st Kingdom

Much to Monty's dismay her brother opted to ignore the childish display and baiting that would have or should have caused more banter. After all, she was childish and worth very little in the eyes of her father. Why, it was by some small miracle she hadn't been disinherited yet, although, that was why she was on this last hooray wasn't it? There was some Lord in the wings waiting for her, no doubt hand chosen by her father. Monty would see very little of that inheritance, she knew her father well enough to know that her new husband would receive all the wealth, the control of the estate and she would receive nothing but a new title and an unwanted husband.

Just one more thing to add to the pile of her self-loathing, one more reason to drink, one more reason to piss her father off, because what did it matter?

"Never? That's a harsh thing to say," she tossed out. Although, whether she started things or not she did seem to attract trouble. She could be minding her business at a market stall and trouble would find her, sometimes she happily went along with it and others she fought tooth and nail, only to wind up being struck by her father over her stupidity. It didn't matter if she told him it wasn't her fault because it was always her fault.

But gods above, Persi's lips against her skin seemed to erase any thought, well not the bad ones. The bad ones where she kissed every inch of her skin and made love to her so thoroughly that she was gasping for breath. If Monty could surround herself in Persi then all would be okay, it was always okay with Persi and that was why she felt so safe, so comfortable and complete next to her. Monty startled as the chaperone spoke and she couldn't help but shriek. "Bloody hell! You're still here? I didn't see you." In her defense he was dressed in funeral attire and was seated in the shadow of the cab, all she could see was his pasty face hovering in the blackness.

"By my calculations, not long at all, perhaps an hour at most as long as the road proves smooth, and no highwaymen of course."

Monty's brows furrowed, of course, there were highwaymen, everyone always talked about them but it never actually happened to them. "I doubt very much that highwaymen would bother us. Think I could fight them off with my devilish good looks, Pers?" She teased and waggled her brows, her green eyes sending her a flirtatious look. It was always what Monty fell back on, her looks because that was the one thing she knew she had. She could fall back on that if all else failed and it usually worked. At least ninety-seven percent of the time.

@Persephone Newton
PMEmail
^
Persephone Newton
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 12:46 PM
Stoker
10 posts ♦ Offline
Human
❝What did you do?

Persephone Newton

It was a terrible thing to think of her free spirited Monty married off to some snobby lord but hopefully he would be someone who would take care of her once Persi was gone. That was the hardest part, she wouldn’t be around to make sure Monty didn’t get herself killed in some manner. Once she had disappeared... would Monty try and find her? Or would she just remain blitzed out until the end of her days, believing whatever lie Persi’s aunt and uncle fed her? ”It’s not harsh when it’s the truth Mon. You tend to look for the naughtiest thing to do.” They all knew it. If it had a do not enter or danger sign hanging on it in some way, Monty jumped in, head first.

As Monty let out a shriek Persi jumped a little, her heart pounding as she looked around for whatever it was that was about to kill them all. When she realized that it was only the chaperone Monty was freaking out about she groaned and settled back against the seats. ”Dear heavens Monty... you nearly deafened me.” Her hand raised to press to her pounding chest as she willed her heart rate to settle back down and let her nap, at the rate things were going in this carriage though, that wasn’t bound to happen.

She sighed, an hour. An hour and then she could be out of this cramped, swaying carriage and let her long legs stretch out once more. Get a little fresh air, and stop feeling so confined. Her dark eyes shifted over to Monty and she quirked one of her brows a little sardonically. ”Mmm of course. When don’t good looks fend off sharpened blades and evil intents.?” If they were to be besieged by highwayman Persi rather thought Monty would wind up in a quivering ball waiting for the men to do whatever it was they were going to do and hoping that they didn’t slice her clean through. Persi loved her dearly but she wasn’t exactly prone to acts of selfless heroism.

@Henrietta Montague
PMEmail
^
Henrietta Montague
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 12:42 PM
Fanu
11 posts ♦ Offline
Human

Henrietta Montague
28 | Noble | 1st Kingdom

It wasn't as if she purposely looked for things, sometimes she did but others it honestly happened to her. She could be out trying to fetch a drink and trouble would land in her lap in some form, she made no efforts to scramble away from it which was entirely her decision. Monty came off as a confident individual, but it was all false bravado because the truth of the matter was she loathed herself and had a very little concept of her worth. If she were to end her life this day she honestly believed there would be little to no fuss as she was more trouble than she was worth - which according to her father was scarcely a piss pot.

"Well tell the pasty oaf to announce himself properly, it isn't right sneaking up on ladies in such a way," she offered and turned her nose up. She referred to herself as a Lady when it served a purpose, otherwise the title was only money to her.

Her brother snorted, which she opted to ignore and she puffed a breath out against the window. "I think you'd be damn surprised as to how often it fends off blades!" she proclaimed and let her lips curl into a devious grin. When it came to self-preservation skills her skills were as follows: exactly none. She would cower and hide, plead like a yellow bellied coward and give up whatever it was they wanted. There would be no hero dashing onto the scene, it simply wasn't Monty.

"Well, damn, everyone just get some rest... a bloody hour to go? How long is the boat ride?" She questioned, but didn't actually expect an answer. The chaperone was good for something, he answered.

"Exactly one day to get to our first destination," he offered which made Monty's face crumple.

However, she grew silent and allowed for the rest of the company to nap if they so chose, she dozed but whenever she fell into a slumber she was jolted awake as she heard her father's last reprimand and felt the sting of his hand on her cheek.

@Persephone Newton
PMEmail
^
Persephone Newton
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 04:11 PM
Stoker
10 posts ♦ Offline
Human
❝What did you do?

Persephone Newton

Persi sighed as Monty called their chaperone a pasty oaf, and acted as if him suddenly speaking inside the carriage where he sat directly across from them was such a travesty and shock. She mouthed an ‘I’m sorry’ to him, but the man didn’t really seem all that phased by it. She supposed that he was used to looking after the stubborn, petulant children of wealthy people and that he had seen it all before. ”I’m sure he’ll be careful to say, Oi! Here I am, next time he goes to speak.” She stated, eyeing Monty.

Her dark eyes moved to her friend’s face and she bit her tongue at the words that wanted to come spilling out. That there didn’t seem to be too many ‘blades’ that Monty fended off. That most that showed interest were accepted and with each one Monty allowed into her life, Persi felt a little more pain and loss. Felt Monty slipping just a little further away from her. Gods.... why did Monty have to allow so many unworthy people into her life who didn’t appreciate the glow that shown from her? So instead of saying anything she just pulled Monty’s arm into her lap, curling her own arms around it more so that she could hug it to her, pretend for a little while that there was no one else Monty would rather wrap her own arms around, then her, Persi.

”It’s just an hour... not too bad right?” She sighed at the announcement that the boat ride would be a full day. Monty was going to go stir crazy with that much time being cooped up. They needed to do something soon so that things could stay passive and okay. Persi desperately wanted this trip to go well, to be able to have the time to see the sights that were being offered her.

As silence filled the carriage, Persi settled in, letting her own eyes look out the window at the world passing them by. She may as well take the time to soak it all up while she could.

@Henrietta Montague
PMEmail
^
Henrietta Montague
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 07:20 AM
Fanu
11 posts ♦ Offline
Human

Henrietta Montague
28 | Noble | 1st Kingdom

Monty gave a look as if to say 'good, he ought to,' and let it go at that. It was a well-known fact there was nothing heroic about Monty, she'd dive behind the nearest individual to shield herself and when it came to sticking up for herself she lacked the ability to do just that. So, it would seem she opted to travel down destructive roads instead because for that moment it felt good, no matter what came next - it felt good for that brief moment of time.

Something in Monty relaxed as Persi took her arm, the small contact was enough to soothe her and although she knew she shouldn't have these thoughts about the one good thing in her life, she did. Oh, she did and she felt so guilty for having them. Truth be told it was confusing to her, she was physically attracted to Persi in every way, but it didn't feel as shallow as that. Their friendship was something deeper. She clenched her jaw and tried to blot out the thoughts, but it was difficult when the scent of Persi surrounded her.

"Just an hour," she echoed and closed her eyes, letting the swaying carriage lull her into a sleep.

The next thing she recalled was the sound of her brother's voice, it was pitched just right that she found herself annoyed at once. Monty's green eyes flicked open and she found that she had curled herself around Persi, her face was plastered to her chest and she reveled in the sound of the heart beating against her ear. Steady and strong, that summed Pers up perfectly. As much as she longed to stay in such a position, her brother was jerking his head and his brows furrowed in frustration. Monty couldn't exactly read his expression but she pulled herself away from Persi, in case anyone was able to delve into her thoughts and extract what she didn't want to be known.

"Here already," she murmured and ran her fingers through her hair.

@Persephone Newton
PMEmail
^
Persephone Newton
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 09:48 AM
Stoker
10 posts ♦ Offline
Human
❝What did you do?

Persephone Newton

Persi let her mind wonder as they carriage travelled on, eyes following the line of the world outside her little window. She took in all that she could as they went, her eyes drooping a little as the rocking of the carriage lulled her into a semi-dozing state. However, once the sleeping form of Monty suddenly nestled into her side, her head winding up pillowed on her breasts and her arm slung over her, Persi was wide awake. Gradually her own arm moved down to wrap around her shoulders, holding the blonde tenderly to her chest and thinking how amazing it would be to experience this forever.

What if she were to just run away...what if Monty were to come with her? She knew that Monty hated her life, had no desire to try and live up to the expectations of her father. Would it be such a loss to leave it all behind? To find some little cottage somewhere, hidden back in the woods – somewhere no one would bother them, and Monty could drop all her charades and just be happy being a part of Persi’s life. Unconsciously she squeezed Monty a little more tightly into her side, wanting to keep her there forever. Wanting her best friend to finally turn those eyes upon her and decide that she was the one that she wanted above anyone else.

Foolish hopes. Foolish dreams.

She spent the remainder of her ride vastly aware of Monty and just trying to soak up the memory of her warm body tucked into her own, hoping that things like this would be able to get her through the night once she was gone. Too soon the carriage was pulling up to a stop and Felippe was speaking loud enough that it caused Monty to stir. Peri glanced down and watched as her lids fluttered open, feeling her own breath slip away at the beauty in the newly woken Monty’s face, cheeks slightly pink from sleep and hair spilled around her features. Gods but did she want to kiss her....

Her arm dropped as soon as Monty sat up, and she began to right her own clothing. ”Yes, here we are.” Her eyes drifted to their chaperone to see what he would like to do first. ”So, where to?”

@Henrietta Montague
PMEmail
^
Henrietta Montague
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 09:48 AM
Fanu
11 posts ♦ Offline
Human

Henrietta Montague
28 | Noble | 1st Kingdom

Monty used her lifestyle as a crutch if all else failed she always had her inheritance but considering her father's latest threat there was the very real idea that it could be yanked from her and bestowed on her brother. She bit her bottom lip and sucked back the well of emotions that swirled around in her. All Monty had was her looks and money, her brother couldn't stand her and the monster seed at home was too young to give a care. Mother turned a blind eye to everything, she conjured up stories as she took in her daughter's bruised face and arms because her husband wasn't the sort to do that to his children.

As Felippe roused Monty, she licked her lips and nuzzled into the warm fabric beneath her cheek. As her eyes fluttered open and she was aware of where she nestled she felt her heart race erratically. She didn't want to move and certainly didn't want this moment to end if only she could turn her head and press soft kisses to the fabric and tease the beloved flesh that waited for her lips. Gods dammit! She lifted her head and wiped the sleep from her eyes.

She sniffed, at the question she didn't miss a beat as her sleep-roughened voice rang out over the crusty old chaperone's. "Aboard the ship and to the closest individual who looks to have some expensive drinks. They're bound to have some alcohol on board and I fancy myself thirsty." She eyed her brother who shook his head. The wire-framed glasses had slid down his nose and she felt the urge to slap them off his face.

"Right, they likely have a dry policy," she murmured and craned her head to look out the window. "Oh, look, a pub right on the waterfront, Pers. Let's clear our heads from last night, shall we?" She patted her friend's thigh and grinned, nodding her head.

"It's barely noontime, Lady Henrietta."

"Is it really? Gods, I missed my mid-morning port. Devil's balls, let's go, Pers. We'll be back in time for boarding, yeah?"

@Persephone Newton
PMEmail
^
Persephone Newton
 Posted: May 27 2018, 02:04 PM
Stoker
10 posts ♦ Offline
Human
❝What did you do?

Persephone Newton

The soft nuzzling of Monty’s cheek against her chest was like sweet torture, and Persi could only pray that the other two couldn’t read upon her face just how much she enjoyed the sweet affection being shown her by the gently rousing Monty. Goddess above... but it was sweet torment to have her so close and feel the way her body naturally curled into her own. This was how she wanted to spend the remainder of her life. With Monty tucked safely into her side where she could love and protect her. Teach her dearest friend just how worthy of love she actually was.

It truly wasn’t any surprise that upon waking the first words out of Monty’s lips were about finding alcohol. Persi merely cast their chaperone an apologetic look before nodding to the blonde at her side. ”Climb out then.” She looked over at the other two and gave them a shrug. Monty would not be persuaded to do otherwise and would be miserable without having some sort of drink lacing her veins, and as it was, Persi herself needed a little help coming off of their binge the night before. ”I’ll see to it that we’re back on board the ship at an appropriate time.” She assured them, before slipping out of the carriage after Monty, grabbing her violin case as she went.

While she didn’t think that they would forget her violin, she also didn’t trust anyone else to move it safely from the carriage to the ship and preferred to keep a close eye on it until she was able to carefully stow it away in her cabin.

”So... let’s try and find the least divey place please.” The last thing Persi wanted to deal with was Monty getting into fistiscuffs with some drunk sailor because she insulted his hat or made a snide comment about his girlfriend. Not today – if it could be avoided.

@Henrietta Montague
PMEmail
^
Henrietta Montague
 Posted: Aug 2 2018, 03:03 PM
Fanu
11 posts ♦ Offline
Human

Henrietta Montague
28 | Noble | 1st Kingdom

Monty loathed being sober, part of it was because drinking numbed whatever dour mood she happened to be in and transformed her into a giddy, flirtatious woman. But when she wasn't drunk or even buzzed she felt that miserable gaping hole that resided in her. The abyss that screamed how worthless she was, how much of a disappointment she happened to be and that she would never amount to anything but a whore. It didn't help that she constantly heard her father screaming at her in her head, beating her until she bled, as if he could make her bleed out whatever was wrong with her. And she tried... she used to try so hard to be whatever he wanted but it was never enough.

"Yes, yes, of course, an appropriate time," she said only half paying attention because her lips felt dry and she longed for that drink that had her name on it. "What? As if I'd find a place that was anything less than respectable." She blinked and wagged her finger. "Ah, no, Pers, that time was different and the time before that was also different. And that other place looked so promising." Perhaps Monty was cursed at some point by a witch and didn't know it, she attracted danger like the color black attracted white hairs. She was a trouble magnet and it was never quite really her fault, she stumbled into it, found herself at the wrong place at the wrong time and never, ever did she stand up for herself.

When it came to Persi she would stick up for her, she'd even taken beatings for her, too, but she could not and would not fight back, it wasn't really in her nature to fight. She was used to being on the losing side, after all.

@Persephone Newton
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.

<% PM %>