Important Info | Current Season: autumn 2016
Staff
Feb. Spotlight Thread
The Naked Truth

He could draw on Earth's ability to heal and regenerate plants, to thrive in harsh conditions, and that was one of the reasons he was being hunted. That and the ancient sword or two he had stolen from Anghus. Dick deserved it.

ATTICUS O'SULLIVAN && DELTA SONG

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Naked Truth, Delta | Summer | 2016
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 01:51 PM
Fanu.
44 posts ♦ Offline
Atticus O'Sullivan from Iron Druid Chronicles
Magi
❝gods can screw anything and anybody, for a reference, see history.

Atticus O'Sullivan
821 | Shop Owner | 9th Kingdom

"Yeah, no more of that," he muttered and shook his head as he scolded the dog for the umpteenth time. He cleaned himself up with the aid of magic, it was by no means the dress of a wealthy noble, but he didn't look as if he had risen from the dead. Something in Atticus was on edge and it was likely because he was used to be hunted down by now, he didn't trust anyone. Someone always wanted something and it usually wasn't his body - although he had no issues in that department - it was the secrets he held.

The primary secret belonged to the earth surrounding him and it was no fault of his own unless you count the gifts he had been born with. He could not divulge the secrets, no matter the cost it took to his person or to those he cared for, in the past it was those were closest to him that suffered. Perhaps that was one of the many reasons for not securing bonds with anyone.

He dropped his hand from his head as he walked forward, Oberon was by his side with his tongue lolling out of his mouth. He kept his dirty thoughts to himself and his eyes surveyed the land, not the blonde's arse. Atticus allowed himself to check her out once and shrugged as she spoke. "I'll try not to," he offered as he caught up to stand next to her, separated by his dog.

As they went along and came to an establishment his eyes flicked around, taking in the area, it was familiar and not far from where he lived in his tea and bookshop. Atticus downplayed himself as a shop owner, it was a simple lifestyle that wouldn't likely trigger suspicion from anyone. "Shall we?" he motioned for Delta to move inside and didn't speak to Oberon, the dog knew his lot and laid down outside to wait for him.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 10:29 AM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph
❝Complicated is my second language

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

As they stepped through the forest, Delta didn’t fear brambles or thorns cutting into the bottoms of her bare feet, the woods took care of her, nurtured each step as if she were a living part of the woods itself. In many ways she was, though her own people had shunned her as more human than nymph the forest had always accepted her, taken her in and cared for her. She’d survived because of that connection, because even as she gave of herself to nurture she could feel the woods giving right back. She felt at peace inside the coverage of the trees, one with the living things that grew beneath the canopy. It was a feeling she missed as soon as they stepped onto the cobblestone of the town and her feel slapped against the solid stone rather than softly rustling through underbrush.

At the door to the tavern, Del watched as the giant dog took his place outside. ”You were well behaved, I haven’t forgotten your steak.” She informed the beast before slipping passed Atticus and stepping into the establishment. Green eyes made quick work of assessing the space before settling on a curved booth a little away from others and moving towards it. It was a habit of all three of the panthers, become acquainted with each new space and assess all threats. You needed to be aware of yourself and it tended to happen when there had been a heavy threat in your life for most of your days. Of course, she had no way of knowing just how similar her companion felt about that notion.

Sliding into the booth, Del waited for Atticus to slip in beside her. ”So... are you an ale sort of fellow, or more of a tumbler of something harder?” She asked him. Sure, it was only midday but that didn’t mean someone might not want a finger or two of whiskey over a gentle sipping ale. On the table before them there was a little wilting rose that had seen better days. Reaching out with her fingers she caressed its petals which began to deepen with colour and life, filling with a fullness that it had lost and once again standing firm and strong. She preferred her plants and flowers potted rather than cut, but such was the ways of most mundanes and Downworlders.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 09:10 AM
Fanu.
44 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

Atticus wasn't so different from Delta, although his bloodline went generations beyond hers he had been groomed at a young age to take care of the earth. It was a responsibility he didn't take lightly, the earth provided and took care of those who stepped on her. Which made it an easy enough decision when it came time to choose whether to continue his schooling in regard to earth bound magic. He was able to learn far more than what he ever imagined, he learned that when one listened close enough when one knew how to, the earth provided far more than what one could ever imagine. Extended life. What good came of this when one was a magi and lived long years? It wasn't just magi who could benefit from it. Broken down into teas mundanes could receive the benefits just as any other.

Vitality, regeneration, strength. It was a secret worth keeping and one worth dying for if they could catch him. In the wrong hands, who knew what would come of that? There was a science behind it, and Atticus wasn't adverse to flexing his knowledge, he owned a tea and bookshop for gods' sake. It had to do with breaking down the cells of the plants, communicating to allow the plant to grow to its peak, allowing it to regenerate, or send excess cells, harvesting and a little bit of magic to imbue the properties and Bob's your uncle. One would think that over the past few centuries it'd be learned, but it was a forgotten practice, killed off when Angus took up a grudge against the circles.

Atticus snorted at Oberon and waved him off to the side as they made it to the establishment. He filed in and took a seat at a booth. Typically, he wasn't much for drinking, sluggish thoughts and it soured in his stomach, but for the sake of the outing, he would choose an ale. "I drink cider when I'm moved to do so," he nodded his head.

He watched as she coaxed the flower back to life, a small smile touched his lips and he regarded the barmaid as she strode up to the table. "Cider, please." He folded his hands in his lap and sat back in the booth. "So, you fancy yourself a guardian of sorts for the woods. Your woods," he swiftly corrected himself. The tone was not a condescending one, but one of genuine curiosity. Atticus could respect that.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Jan 26 2018, 04:57 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

Now that they were settled inside the tavern it was time to start working her feminine magic, something telling her that Atticus wasn’t exactly one to keep a strong form when it came to a free offering of sex. Little did she know that the one thing she wanted from him was the one thing he wouldn’t give up no matter what was on the table in exchange. Once the rose was once again lively and full of colour her hand withdrew, and her eyes lifted to the barmaid. ”Make that two ciders, and some of that delicious bread that I can smell.” One the woman had left, Delta sat back in her seat and allowed her long legs to stretch out so that one brushed along Atti’s.

”Yes, I do. Though the blood of my sire excludes me from being seen as an actual nymph, my mother was full blooded, and I have been gifted with her abilities though my status pegs me as a magi with some tricks.” She shrugged her shoulders a little, gazing about the bar around them as her face gave nothing away concerning her upbringing. ”I feel a connection to that woods, it is my home and so in return I care for her from anyone who would take what is not rightfully theirs.” Her sharp green eyes return to his face, light brows slightly ruffled. This was why she wanted to know what he was doing, wanted to know why the earth refused to share with her his secrets when before it offered up to her any information she wanted. The leaves would whisper of approaching men or women, the ferns would giggle about animal activity and the earth would embrace her with love and acceptance.

But not one leaf had hinted at his presence there in the earth, and the soil certainly wasn’t sharing anything concerning his habits. And Delta hated it. Hated that once again a man had cut her off in some way from the thing she cared most dearly about in the world. Henry had denied her plants entirely, encasing her in a brick prison for thirteen years, not even allowing her the pleasure of a garden or a window plant. And now..... after all this time, this druid came along and thought he could deny her the free connection to her own forest she had maintained for years now!

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Feb 4 2018, 05:29 PM
Fanu.
44 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

He felt his skin prickle as her leg brushed against his and he cocked his head to the side. No, he wasn't one to have a firm resolve when a beautiful woman was teasing him and especially offering something. However, what she wanted in return wasn't up for bartering and unfortunately, he'd rather die than give up the information. Considering he had been running for a few centuries it was clear he wasn't keen on dying anytime soon.

Atticus shrugged a shoulder, it wasn't a dismissal of her words, it was more an act of annoyance at the topic. Fae were touchy and while it wasn't widely known about Lux's treatment of half-breeds or the union between human and fae, Atticus had been around long enough to know. That would explain some steel he saw glimmering in her eyes. "It's foolish really, we're not that different. For gods' sake we were fae in the beginning. Lux is simply butthurt they're no longer special." Whether or not that was true he didn't know, but that was how he saw it. He hoped that it went deeper than that, other than being stuck up pricks.

His pale brows arched as she pinned him with a look and he lifted his hands. "I would never take what wasn't offered to me." Unless it was a sword...or two, he took those but Anghus didn't deserve those swords. The swords rumored to have slain god-like creatures, the same ones he kept glamoured and wrapped up safely from prying eyes. Druids were friends of the land, they had once been in league with the Wood Nymphs and other woodland spirits, they were united in their front to take care of the land. Some secrets were not meant to be passed around the common Wood-folk, some were simply entrusted to their servants, in a way.

There was a way around everything though, one that Atticus wouldn't offer because it was just yet another sure fire way for her to get hurt.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 12:22 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

Delta had no idea that she’d met her match as far as information went. Typically men wilted when it came to sex and information, wanting to feel the smoothness of her body and make her ‘cry out’ from their actions. When it was offered they tended to give in without an issue because what they all wanted was sex, and most of them never thought that behind the pretty face was a conniving creature about to use all of that information against them. So she had no reason to believe that with a little plying she wouldn’t have exactly what she wanted from him. Eventually she would realize the error of her ways in this current ploy.

Her fingers brushed over the petal of the rose now full of life and vitality, concentrating on the silkiness beneath the pads of her fingers so that she didn’t have to look into the pain of her past but could stay passive about it all. ”Lux will not change. They are ancient creatures who are trapped in their ways and only continue to breed more of their ilk.” Her eyes shifted to his face. ”It’s hard to breed change when you dispose of anyone who has the capacity to prove you wrong.” Not that she had any room to speak since in a lot of ways she behaved in exactly the same manner, cutting off anyone who could possibly change her way of thinking about things. Mostly because she didn’t trust them to cut her off at the knees if she did.

Her eyes stayed on him even as his hands lifted in a sign of peace and innocence. ”Mhm.” She drawled a little. ”Listen druid. I get that you’re one with the earth... and that because of your vows you’re bound to her. But you’re in my forest, and it’s been my forest for a long time.” Her brow arched at him. He owed her the truth. Del’s attention shifted from him as the waitress brought their ciders and a basket of bread. ”Thank you dear. I’d like to order the house special please.” She said, reaching out for a slice of the bread and scooping up a little ball of fresh butter with her knife to spread over the warm surface.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 04:06 PM
Fanu.
44 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

There was no mistake to be made, Atticus enjoyed sex and was quite content to let lust rule him, except when it came to divulging truths. There actually wasn't much he was willing to give away, but he was more than willing to spend time with a bed companion. "Well, can't say I will argue your point there, Lux is rather narrow-minded, the whole 'better than you,' attitude is tiresome." One didn't have to go around boasting about how good they were, how big they were, how much they could do - because most of the time it was just puffing up one's chest. "Eventually, all old ways die off, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Lux figures it out." He shrugged his shoulders, because at this point what could he say?

Atticus' red brows lifted at her words. "As in you have a deed for it? Or as in you tip-toe through the woods?" He walked his fingers on the table to emphasize his words and waited until she finished talking to the waitress. "A deed means you'll never find me trespassing again. You tip-toeing through the woods doesn't mean it belongs to you. In fact, many would dare say that the land would disagree with being owned by anyone." Typical female, he thought to himself. Not wanting to have anyone claim her as a belonging.

As he spoke he eyed the knife in her hand and opted to silence himself further by picking up a piece of bread and slathering it in butter, too. He took a healthy bite out of it and savored the earthy flavor of it. He wasn't looking for a fight - truly he wasn't but he also wasn't going to remain defenseless against her verbal assaults. There wasn't a bite to his words when he spoke, just a matter of fact way like he wasn't ruffled in the least or put off by her overtly aggressive behavior.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 10:15 AM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

Delta wished that she could say that she would be willing to go back and to help fight the cause, to be someone who helped sway the mindset. But she’d already gone back once, and look where that had gotten her? Destroyed even further than she had already been. Lux was now crossed off her list, a lost kingdom of prejudice, narrow minded people who thought their abilities placed them so far above everyone else that they could treat the rest like vermin. Well, Del was done being treated like am object of distaste. ”Perhaps they will.” But how many would die before that time? How many more would be sold off like a piece of cattle?

As he began to speak, Del’s eyes narrowed on him, nostrils flaring a little with her annoyance. Why had she thought she would enjoy this? He had been annoying and frustrating in the woods when he refused to be honest about what he was doing and it seemed that this was a trait he was going to carry through to here. ”Well seeing as how there are things such as deeds like you just mentioned, I suppose lawfully it can’t disagree too much now can it?” She fairly snarled, trying her best to restrain herself, but he was getting her to the ends of her ‘nice’ straw.

She bit into her bread, chewing slowly so as to calm down her irritation, she supposed he thought he was being amusing, well, she was not amused. ”I do not have a deed to the forest, no.” Her green eyes lifted up to pierce into him. ”But I am her sworn protector, her guardian, her friend. And you were in there doing only the goddess knows what in the earth. I don’t take kindly to people mucking about in there, especially when they’re cagey about what they are doing.”

Delta was supposed to be handling this smoothly, but it would seem something about this ginger demon was getting under her skin.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 01:52 PM
Fanu.
44 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

Lux, the kingdom of fools, as far as Atticus was concerned. The only good that had come from the Fae was their blood that when mingled with a human created a magi. Half-Fae were really no different from Magi, except that several generations of the mixed blood were considered another species entirely, likely because of how their magic could change several generations down. Atticus didn't hold them in high regard unless one counted highly stuck up and rigid as having a 'high regard' of them.

She was annoyed with him, that much he could discern, but he didn't seem put off by it. He also didn't stoke the fire, either. "I don't know, a law is just paper, isn't it? Anyway, as I said before, the earth likely doesn't care to be claimed by one. Rather, I suppose she would prefer to remain untethered to just one and cling to those who care for her." He spouted his words off before taking a long drink of his cider. The snarling remark from her didn't seem to ruffle him, he simply continued on as if she wasn't posturing as if she wanted to swipe at him.

Often times Atticus sought to make things more complicated by being a sarcastic asshole, this was not one of those times. "I guess that is between me and the earth," his tone became sharper. She may have thought he was up to some nefarious business but the truth was he was only using it to regenerate himself. Generally speaking, he was fairly laid back when it came to accusations but some were harder to swallow. "Listen, Puss, believe me, or not I don't really give a fig, but I wasn't harming your woods. You would have felt it if I was." His light red brows furrowed as he shook his head.

As much as he wanted to stay and chat he was beginning to realize it would be more of a razing than chat or anything else for that matter.

"But since you don't seem to give a shit what I say," he paused and took a napkin up to wipe his lips. "I'm not going to sit here and listen to it, either."

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: Apr 7 2018, 01:36 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

His words about the deed continued to ruffle her feathers and only fire her irritation, especially as he went further to argue with her about the earth remaining untethered to anyone, but open to everyone who would love her. And while Delta knew that the world was for all of them, she wasn’t claiming ownership in so much as she was trying to make a point about how that one small forest on the edge of Nightingale Mountains was hers in that it was a special place. It was her sanctuary, her place of safety and comfort. And she loved those woods like only a person who spent over a third of their life being denied any contact with her could. And having this naked male presence tarnishing the very grounds where she sought her comfort.... it was more than she could bear. The woods was where she went to sooth the inner turmoil when the outside world became too much. When the scars of the past surfaced and made her question everything.

But that wasn’t something she was going to talk about to a stranger, especially not ones of the male variety. ”Seeing as how there is plenty of earth available I think she may be okay with being connected to one person in a very small part of her that loves her deeply.” She stated back.

Goddess... this wasn’t going well. What was wrong with her? Typically she handled situations like this much better, but there was something about this man, and this entire afternoon that had ruffled her feathers that had set her off. Except that she wasn’t going to figure out what he had been up to if she pissed him off. And this point was only proven more as he stated he wasn’t going to sit and listen to her any more.

”Okay. Fine.” She lifted her hands up in the air in a sign of peace. ”I apologize.” Gods that was like vinegar on her tongue, burning her insides with anger and hatred because how dare she have to apologize to any man. Not when once again it was her inner sanctuary... her place of safety being violated. Inside she was quaking, but she forced herself to say the next words because she needed to know. She had to know what he had been doing. Why the earth was hiding it from her. And it was clear this would be a long game that she couldn’t ruin for herself. ”You’re right. If you had harmed her I would have felt it.” She pursed her lips, staring down into her own tankard of cider and hating where this day had taken her.

”I don’t do well with strangers. Can you tell?” Her green eyes lifted to peer at him through her lashes, trying her best to shove her anger down deep inside her, falling back on the apologetic look she’d mastered for Henry. Oh, she had been so good at looking contrite and submissive, so good that in some ways she had believed it herself. At least until that fateful day when he had pushed her too far and she had snapped.

”Stay.... drinks will be on me.” Delta inhaled slowly through her nose, settling herself. She vowed not to bring up the woods again, at least not during this little interlude. That would be for the next time.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 10:27 AM
Fanu.
44 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

"Let's get one thing straight, I don't want or need an apology," he began softly, the barb that begun to grow in his words diminished. There was nothing that he wanted to take away from her and she was acting as if he were stealing something, which he wasn't. He used what the earth gave to him freely and absorbed her nutrients just as a plant would. He received the healing, regeneration and beneficial therapy without harming her. Of course, he couldn't say that either because he was certain many would abuse the gift she gave up.

His light eyes stared at her for a moment, his body postured as if he wasn't sure whether or not to leave or stay and in the end he remained there. "I would never harm the earth. I am a Druid and it is not within us to harm her- ever." He offered and settled in his chair. The truth was... he didn't believe her apologetic look, he had seen a wrath unfolding in her gaze just moments before and the paranoia that had kept him alive was currently screaming at him to get the hell out of here. He ignored it for the moment and nodded his head. "It happens," was all he said.

Oberon must have felt the turmoil in their bond and rushed to a window, his furry face peered inside the window closest to him and he let out a bark. Although, to Atticus it was words instead of a bark.

"You okay? Did the one with the pretty legs bite you? I'd let her bite me."

Atticus pinched the bridge of his nose and rather than speak he simply sighed and spoke to his dog's mind. "Go lay down, she didn't bite me and stop being a hound."

"Can't stop being a hound, Atticus. I'll lay down."

True to his word he laid down, his gaze turned to Delta once more and he tried to figure her out. Not that he had much luck in his experience with trying to decode any female... "I'll stay for a drink and then I'm afraid I have to get back to my shop. Unfortunately, the business won't run itself and it's just me."

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
Delta Song
 Posted: May 21 2018, 12:42 PM
Stoker
44 posts ♦ Offline
Original from original
Half-Nymph

Delta Song
44 | Witch | 1st Kingdom

”I know.” She stated simply when he said that he would not harm the earth, that it wasn’t what a druid would ever do. This much she realized, though druids had all but disappeared she was well aware of what they were intended for. They were guardians and servants to the ground below them and to the trees above them. It wasn’t so much what he had been doing in the ground as it was the fact that whatever he had been doing was concealed from her, that even the earth herself wouldn’t reveal it to Delta. It felt like a slap in the face from the one thing that had always loved her and nurtured her. Whether or not her mother’s people thought her a nymph the truth was she had a connection with the ground, and it had always kept her alive... Being shut out from whatever had happened between him and the ground felt like a violation of her bond, and it hurt.

She glanced to the window as the bark sounded, and though she could hear nothing, she could sense that Atticus’ attention had shifted and she glanced to the monstrous creature in the window before looking back to the man at her side. When he spoke she nodded. ”What is this shop you speak of?” She asked, wondering if he would deny her this information as well. ”Where is it?” She picked up her cider and took a drink, glancing up as the plate of food she had requested arrived. She wasn’t feeling that hungry anymore, but she didn’t want to seem like she was that affected by what had transpired here today. So instead she pushed the plate between them so that he could feed from it as well if he desired and picked up one of the steamed asparagus sticks, lifting it to her lips she nipped off the flowered tip, chewing slowly.

@Le Fanu.
PMEmail
^
Atticus O'Sullivan
 Posted: Jun 2 2018, 02:32 PM
Fanu.
44 posts ♦ Offline
Magi

Atticus O'Sullivan

As his attention was peeled away from his dog he gave her a look, clearing his throat. Luckily, his shop was situated where well-to-do nobles would flock in and whether they believed in the magical properties or not they'd swoop in on his products. Of course, a large amount of clientele happened to be older ladies who came to flirt with him. Older ladies, the idea made him laugh since some of them were only of sixty years and they were much like children to him.

"On the outskirts of Afrelle I own a shop called Third Eye Books & Tea," he offered and wondered if it was wise telling her where he worked. He had an apartment above the shop, it wasn't quaint and it suited his needs. He might have lived well beneath his means but he wasn't dirt poor like some thought. Atticus was well read, well spoken but he often allowed himself to fit in which meant he was a reflection of the environment he was in and took on their personas. It was how he survived throughout the years.

These people wanted to see an earthy-crunchy individual and that was what he gave them.

He looked at a clear spot on the table and cocked his head to the side, conjuring up a small, clear globe that depicted his current home and shop. "The tea is all the rage," he offered with a grin. Of course, his tea was infused with a life-giving source. He had perfected that centuries ago, which was one of the numerous reasons why he was being hunted down. "Quite popular with the ladies, and the men seem to prefer the books." Some of them were first editions, others collections that were sought after.

"Interested in buying tea?" He raised his dark red brows as he leaned back to finish off his stick.

@Delta Song
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

SKINNED BY HANNAH OF SHINE.

<% PM %>